25 March 2008

Where Is Claus?
And Why You Should Care...


Claus, whose inquiry into a picture called "Sheep Parade" inspired the header for HOD, has officially gone missing.

Landon: Claus no longer exists!!!!

according to myspace

me: ?????

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Landon: yeah, i'm strangely saddened by this

me: that is horrible

well, sheep parade will live forever on houseodudes.com

Landon: haha, awesome. the legacy lives on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that you're sufficiently confused, I'll start at the beginning.

8:52 AM Landon: dude, i have a great story

me: I have no life
please continue

Landon: so i got a myspace message from someone named Claus
8:53 AM not claus like santa claus, some danish guy named claus
at first i thought it was regular spam
until the subject line said "hey Landon"
i dont' know a claus nor have i ever
so i was curious

me: hmm
now I'm curious...

8:54 AM Landon: so here was his message...

Let me just take a wild guess

I was searching fore running sheeps through flickr.com
and then there appeared a very good photo of a lot of running sheeps in new zealand.

The reason why I searched fore it was that I don..t actually have access to those types of pictures since I..m from Denmark/Aarhus. And since I..ve have attended to use some running sheeps in an further artistic sence.

So, a long story short, you wouldn..t happen to be the owner of the picture called sheep parade at flickr.com.

If so, can I get the permission to use it makeing a work of art.

I hope your will consider

p.s feel free to check out my website.
www.claus-velling-hansen.dk [This link still works, btw –ED]

sincerely
Claus

i will give you a minute to read that and fully enjoy it

8:55 AM me: sheep parade?!?!?!

Landon: haha, i know!

so i replied....

Hello Claus,

Glad to hear you came across my photos of running sheep. Feel free to use them. It would be an honor.

If you ever need anything else, please feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,

Landon

and sent a friend request
which he accepted

8:56 AM me: WTF

Landon: this morning i get in to work and have 2 messages from Claus

the first....

Hello Landon

That..s just great !!!
because the idea came into my head after I had heard Trentemøller.. moan video (I don..t know if you know him, but he makes very good electronic music)

And then I was so lucky that I guy from Scotland give me permisson also to use his photo of Roslin Institute, where the sheep dolly was created.... and then I guess you can imagine the rest....

Thanks alot again

Sincerely

Claus

the second...

Hello Landon

I have submitted the sheep parade picture, and then I saw that it..s resolution was that high, you wouldn..t happen to have it in a higher resolution.

If so, please mail it to my email adress: claus@claus-veling-hansen.dk

Sincerely

Claus

8:57 AM me: you don't own that picture, do you?

Landon: of course not

me: HAHA

Landon: i replied...

Hi Claus,

Unfortunately I don't have the picture in a higher resolution, only the format you have.

I hope you're still able to use it.

- Landon

i am cracking up over here
i love the internet

me: My favorite part might be:

"Trentemøller.. moan video (I don..t know if you know him, but he makes very good electronic music)"

8:58 AM Landon: haha, i know

me: oh, yeah, trentmoller

Landon: i like the .. instead of an apostrophe
the whole thing is magic

me: it's absolute magic

Landon: i knew you'd appreciate it

8:59 AM me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sethward/73689563/

Landon: do you think this is the picture?

me: I don't know!
9:00 AM I just searched "sheep parade"

Landon: HAHA
haha, this is awesome

me: I'm lovin it
9:01 AM or...it could be this... http://www.flickr.com/photos/cocktailia/471301964/

Landon: HAHAHA, I HOPE that's not it

me: hehe, I like this one:
"Ewe have a nice day!"
9:02 AM http://www.flickr.com/photos/macomaco/1790746209/

Landon: HAHAHA
Ewe have a nice day, i love it
9:03 AM i have been laughing since last night

me: it's just so fucking bizarre

Landon: exactly
so fucking random

9:04 AM me: I also searched "sheep parade Landon" and got nothing

Landon: and i could have left it alone...

me: the fact that he wanted a better resolution makes it twice as good

Landon: haha, i know
sorry to disappoint him, but i don't even have the original
9:05 AM now i have to see this "project" he's using it for

me: I know!

Landon: and now Claus is on my buddies list

me: please keep tabs on that guy

Landon: i'll try to
this might be worthy of a pan-atlantic road trip

me: this is a little more understated
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andzwe/1367398039/

9:41 AM Landon: haha, what would happen if this "project" became a huge success?
became the Mona Lisa of sheep related artworkd
artwork*
and Claus was the next Monet

9:42 AM me: we could say we remembered him when

Landon: yeah, but the real owner of the photo might surface, then we'd have a controversy
the plot would thicken

me: controversy!
9:43 AM please make that happen

Landon: i can't do anything about that, the art community has to make it happen

9:44 AM me: it's on their narrow shoulders now

Landon: it's completely in their hands
if a can of tomato soup can become famous, then why can't running sheep?

9:45 AM me: so profound
he will do for sheep what picasso did for goofy shapes

Landon: haha
or what Salvador Dali did for melting clocks and mustaches

9:46 AM me: or what Degas did for pedophilia

Landon: or Hitchcock for birds

me: or Bob Ross for happy trees

10:36 AM Landon: from my cousin regarding Claus:

I can’t even imagine how he got you wrapped up in his sheep love affair – hope he wears a condom!

10:39 AM me: ...
ass
that almost ruined the whole thing for me

10:40 AM Landon: haha!

10:41 AM i don't think it could be ruined at this point

10:42 AM me: no, it's very resilient
fortunately

Landon: fortunately
10:43 AM claus just sent me a message!

10:44 AM Hi

I can..t garentee it but I will try and see how it turns out.

Claus

me: ooooh
the intrigue!

Landon: my response:

Well, I hope you're able to use it. I was also hoping to see the final project when you're done. I am excited that my picture will be incorporated into a piece of art.

- Landon

me: nice

10:48 AM Landon: thanks

2 comments:

claus said...

Ta dah !

claus´ here

Landon:
funny regarding the fact that it wasn´t your photo

anyway here´s the link
if you haven´t seen it

http://www.claus-velling-hansen.dk/Ny%20hjemmeside%20in%20english/ars%20longa%20vita%20brevis/index.htm

claus

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.blingforfun.com]hip hop jewelry[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/pendants/cat_9.html]hip hop pendants[/url],hip hop watches,[url=http://blingforfun.com/belts/cat_18.html]bling bling[/url] ,hip hop,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]hip hop chains[/url],hip hop bling,[url=http://blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]iced out chains[/url],[url=http://www.blingforfun.com/chains/cat_7.html]wholesale chains[/url]
hip hop jewelry
wholesale hip hop watches
hip hop rings